If you’re enrolled in Original Medicare, you may be considering adding on some extra coverage to help you cover some out-of-pocket expenses. Fortunately, there are Medicare plans available for just that reason! 

Medicare Supplement plans are also known as Medigap insurance and do not cover healthcare services directly. It covers the out-of-pocket costs not covered by Medicare Part A and Part B (Original Medicare). There are ten Medigap plans available, with each plan offering specific coverage that ranges from basic to comprehensive. 

So, whatever your coverage needs may be, Thomas Family Insurance can help you find a Medigap plan that fits what you need!

Out-Of-Pocket Costs

As you may already know, Original Medicare does not provide coverage for all your healthcare costs. Medicare covers about 80% of approved services, leaving you to cover the remaining 20%. This 20% can include costs like coinsurance, copayments, deductibles, and more. And, if you have a lot of healthcare needs, these costs can add up quite quickly. 

Now, with a Medicare Supplement plan, you won’t have to worry about these costs being left in your responsibility. But, the amount of coverage you do receive will ultimately depend on the type of Medigap plan you choose. Plans A and B will typically offer the most basic coverage. If you’re looking for more full, comprehensive coverage, then we suggest taking a look at Plan G. We also suggest looking at Plans C and F as they also provide comprehensive coverage, but these specific plans are only available to those who became eligible for Medicare before January 1, 2020.

Another reason you should consider a Medicare Supplement is if you want more cost predictability. Unexpected medical expenses can result in high out-of-pocket costs, and if you are not prepared, you may have issues covering these costs. Some Medigap plans will even provide up to 80% of coverage for foreign travel emergency care. These plans are C, D, F, G, M, and N.

Get The Coverage You Need Today!

At Thomas Family Insurance, we aim to educate you on all your Medicare choices! So, if you want to learn more about Medicare Supplements plans and figure out which one is best for you, contact us today at 217-740-4166.